For those of you looking for a day or night in Coral Gables – The City Beautiful, we have a list of some of the restaurants we suggest you dine at for either a fine, gourmet experience or a simple, casual and family friendly meal. In no specific order and updated as we try new places.
- Ortanique on the Mile | Local staple known for colorful Caribbean inspired food and decor with fresh, flavorful seafood, salads and cocktails.
- Swine Southern Table & Bar | Local trendsetter focused on…more than pig. Southern style sides and hearty plates, a well respected brunch and a well-known bar offering.
- California Pizza Kitchen | Sometimes, a CPK is the perfect stop for the kids. Solid pizza, cold drinks and “fast casual” to get home earlier.
- Eating House | Small but fantastic menu pairs protein with flavors you don’t imagine. For brunch, think Cap N’ Crunch pancakes or key lime pie waffles. Small joint, not great for kids.
- Books & Books | Gables favorite, the outdoor courtyard seating pairs live music, a cafe menu, selection of hot cups or cold brews and books as you wish. Great kids books section.
- Pummarola Pizzeria | Small, authentic(ish) Italian with limited and traditional pasta and pizza menu.
- Ben & Jerry’s | In the times of make your own yogurt, a good Ben & Jerry cone still packs the flavors!
- My Ceviche | More than raw fish, get your fast pick of salads, tacos, burritos and sides of quinoa. Kids might enjoy the sides of popcorn that come with the meal.